Skills.

Thank you, but I must concede it all to self challenge that brings out abilities that I'm not aware of as well as solving engineering myths that ultimately bring out the determination to see it through.
Sometimes this all surprises me as well and I just stay there and stare at the finished piece. LOL.

I have at times started sculpting a part or making the first cuts and then putting it down for months till I could come up with a better approach to it or find time.
Case in point, the steering wheel and horn ring. Quite a challenge starting with finding a good core candidate. I was scouring catalogs for a year or so and then the idea bulb lit up with an existing core that could emerge from the custom boating industry. I looked at their steering wheels of which are aluminum or titanium with stock looking grips and it put me on the hunt.
But of course instead, I saw a custom three spoke aluminum wheel for cars on sale at Speedway and I knew that it was the one after seeing that a few grip warts had fallen off. It was after removing the rest of the warts that I figured by stamping down with the right size round bar while using the warts existing holes as a pressure relief, it could very well start to look like a stock grip wheel.

Wish I had more time.