Originally Posted By hemi-itis
You might check the rule book on how much rubber hose is legal whistling

Al, if you are referring to the hose coming from the sump, it's not regular pass car rubber hose, it's super special, hi performance Ricky racer hose. No parts-store worm clamps or cheesy brass fittings, only the best for the Great Pumpkin.

You can do the whole car with this stuff, the guy at Etown wouldn't bat an eye, unless he was flirting with you in the tech line and that would be weird. Read below.

"High-Quality Hose for the (cheap NY heeb) Cost-Conscious Racer

Russell Twist-Lok is the way to go for the enthusiast looking for a quality performance hose while wanting to save assembly time and money. Twist-Lok hose is ideal for most automotive applications where a stainless steel braided line is not necessary. It features an extruded Chlorinated Polyethylene (CPE) compound inner liner that is compatible with most fluids, reinforced fabric braid for flexibility and positive hose end attachment, and high-quality elastomer cover to resist abrasion. Use Twist-Lok hose with Russell Twist-Lok hose end fittings.
Features:
Compatible with hydrocarbon and alcohol based fuels, water systems, synthetic lubricants, and additives
High-quality elastomer cover
Lightweight and excellent flexibility
Pressure rated up to 250 psi
Suitable for most fuel and oil systems (NOT for power steering use)
Use with Russell Twist-Lok Hose Ends
Approved by NHRA for use in competition"

As for the fill tube connection with the hose, I would say it's D.O.T. type stuff and quite burly. There is very little gap between the tube and the tank inside anyway so it's mostly there to keep things snug.

The OE fill tube has a baffle inside with a little tongue sticking out the end.

I tried to simulate the original as best as I could. Here's a pic after it was cut and re-shaped...

Here's how it looks under the hose. The tubing sections are closer together when bolted down, they pretty much butt together. The angle of the tube coming out the tank is different than the fill tube, hence the need for the hose. Not sure why the guys that make the tank can't clock the angle correctly to match the fill tube but this is the way it it comes.

We good?

'71 Duster
'72 Challenger
'17 Ram 1500