RCHR.
This may be a little costly, but not as much as you would think and sneaky indeed.
Have the front bumper chemically milled (I know an excellent Dipper that I could personally deliver it to) then have it rechromed. Make a few aluminum pencil bar braces to critical points of vibration and it will be a ringer.
I agree, I personally don't like painted bumpers.
There are flat bolt on hinge type glass hoods out there. I forgot the company/s making them, but once painted like factory, the notion goes away. This is crucial weight taken off high and frontal area of the car. Good dietary measures here.
I believe the later Feather Duster and Dart lite hoods may not be the same in style and fit though they have aluminum under support structures.
Yes, your hood is a little complicated to make in the lite alloy, but not impossible. Costly yes and four point pinned it would have to be.

Esthetically, I got away with my incorrect four point pinning system for a 65' because my car is a combo of A864, A990 AFX and 2% cars all in one, so it's par for the course.