Weighed my Duster this morning at a scrap metal place down the street from my house. 3,060 without me so that's 3,240 with me in it. Car was weighed with a full tank of gas. I'm pretty happy with that.

This is an all-steel car, small block with iron heads, 904, 8 3/4 with aluminum center, Caltracs, battery in the trunk. It has all OE glass and window mechanisms, OE dash, door panels, full carpeted interior and fixed lightweight seats from an '80s Jeep. No creature comforts or radio though. OE fuel tank, frame connectors.

I have not had it down the track but the P.O. took it to a best of 11.97 in it's original configuration which had the OE bench seat, heater and radio, 4 corner drum brakes with OE master cylinder, OE bumper brackets, S/S springs and snubbber etc. I think I shaved at least 100 lbs, probably more but I never weighed it before I started working on it.

I'm sure I can find more ways to trim some fat. Thanks to Lee and everyone who contributes to this thread, it has been a good source of info and inspiration!

'71 Duster
'72 Challenger
'17 Ram 1500