Quote:

Some of your calculations may be a little fat but never the less, the less is better. You've done more then most folks care to think about.

Yeah, I agree, some of those numbers are optimistic. I was guessing based on wrangling this stuff out of the car and handling the parts.

But hey, thanks for the encouragement - coming from the Jedi Master of weight reduction, I know I'm on the right path to 'lightenment'.

Quote:

If you continue down the path of reduction, you may incidentally find yourself in the Micro weight neighborhood. This is where it gets silly putty pricey, but the ounces can amount to counts of pounds off.

It makes my head hurt to think about how much money I've spent already. Funny thing is, it would probably make my wife's head hurt more than mine if she actually knew how much I've gone through on top of what I spent to get the car initially. You only go around once though, gotta act on your dreams and realize those visions whatever they may be.

Quote:

A Duster is a great platform to start with especially with a small block. Half the battle is right there alone.

I agree. Besides the '60s 2 door sedans, '70-'72 Dusters are the lightest A bodies. Plus, they have two significant advantages over those older cars - more room in the engine bay and larger wheel wells. So yeah, probably the best platform to start with. I looked for a long time to find the one I have, its a keeper.

Quote:

Maybe some night/day we'll meet at the hangouts with the cars and chat about kite flying.LOL.

Mos 'def.

'71 Duster
'72 Challenger
'17 Ram 1500