LUV4X4 - awesome job on the truck!!

I read the whole thread on your link, no wonder my photobucket bandwidth is exceeded every week!!! I was trying to figure out why!!!

I'm glad it worked out for you, it just goes to show that anyone can do a really good paintjob without killing the wallet, and then have the priceless moments saying you painted you car with a roller!!! Overall the process is very easy, especially when compared to spraying paint, and the biggest factor of not making a huge mess and not needing expensive tools/equipment to pull off a respectable paintjob. Now that you've gone thru the learning expirence, i'm sure your next time around will be much eaiser since you know what to expect. If your paitient thru the whole process, don't rush thru prep and paint, you will have an excellent paint job just like all the members here.!!!

And as for the paint not lasting, ect...it's all bull crap, like i mentioned before everyone is thinking about this rust paint as paint that fades, and it will, but most of the expirences people have is with mail boxes, and wheel barrows, that never see any maintance at all. I'd love to see how even the highest quality paint (either single stage or BC/CC) would hold up to the elements with NO maintance, i would'nt be suppriesd to find that auto paint would most likely not even be as durrable as rust paint. If you take care of your paint with average maintance, the paint DOES hold up extreemly well; my car has for 7yrs now; i'm not only the president, but i'm also a client!!!