I have a few questions before I get started. My friend just picked up an EF hatch, the car is in well good condition but the paint and body definately is not, so we are deciding to paint it this method (we want to do it to our main cars but don't wanna mess them up).

Now the car does have rust and we will have to prep it, I've read probably every page of this but I just have a few questions.

What is the easiest way to get rid of the rust? Just sand it down and use the rustoleum over it, or should I apply something over the rusted areas first?

And secondly, what is the easiest way to prep your car, or can I get some tips. I'm planning on picking up a small palm sander and using that for the larger parts (hood, roof, trunk, side...etc) and then for the corners and areas that contour just using my hand and the sand paper? And preferably what grits should I use to prep it with. Last...I know a lot of people say after they prep it they basically get it down to where it feels like glass, is that what I should be looking for?

The palm sander I'm talking about is something like this

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/mattthecommie/untitled.jpg

Let me know if theres anything better.

Thanks, Matt.