Quote:

Well there has been a lot of success stories using this process, but mine is not one of them. And I am begining to wonder if it is because I am rolling paint on my fiberglass dune buggy body.

With over a month and a half of painting, drying, wet sanding, and now buffing, I still do not have a hard, car like finish. I can take the edge of my finger nail and rub it over the finish and leave a marred surface behind. I am not scratching the paint but marring the surface.

Just about any type of rough touch will leave lines on the glossy surface. Something as soft as a finger nail will do this. Even the end of a match stick. A slight buffing will then remove the marred surface.

If anyone has experienced this before and knows a solution to stop this, please pass it on. Only thing I know to do is sand and repaint with something else. Maybe an epoxy finish this time. However, I am concerned with a possible reaction between the paint on the buggy now and a different paint. Or will I need to sand down again to the gel coat.

This $50 paint job is costing me hundereds of dollars in agony and painting time in trying to solve the problem.

You using brightside or rustolium?