Hello,
I just joined this forum to post the results of my rustoleum paint job. I am more into performance rather than slick paint jobs, so my M.O. is to spray bomb my project cars with semi flat black paint. After reading both long threads here I decided to give it a try on my semi flat black 81 corolla.

On my hood,I tried 69charger's suggestions first and then I developed my on method. BTW I used rustoleum royal blue.

I only use the ingredients as per 69charger. My method was to prep the car, then roll the paint on only thinning the paint 10-20% to get good coverage. Of course this resulted in lots of orange peel but the coverage was excellent . I then wet sanded all the orange peel out with 400 grit until smooth. I then rerolled the car with the paint thinned out 50/50. I was then left with a much smoother surface.

I know the pics are not very good but they were taken in my poorly lit garage. I will post better pics outside after some detailing.

I am very happy with the results, enough to say that I will never ride in a flat black car again. This is too easy. I plan to do the same to my 81 corolla wagon.

I will paint it rustoleum gloss almond. I then will paint the center of the starion wheel bronze and tint the windows light bronze. I will leave the side skirts satin black. I am still undecided on wether to paint the front lip almond or satin black.

Anyway thanks for the support 69charger!!!