ok got 2 coats on today and gonna wet sand tommorw.. ran into a few small snags.. i think i may have put too many mineral spirits into the paint.. but hey its only a test peice and ill learn soon enough.. lol.. anways.. the other snag i ran into was my parents.. neithor of them wants me to paint it .. they dont think i can pull it off.. and they say its gonna end up costing me 200 dollars more to get it removed and taken to macco when i mess up.. so i dunno im gonna keep running my tests on the door panel.. for an 18yr old im not stupid.. ive read and re read alot of what you guys did .. i have all the materials to do the whole car as of right now.. and i belive i can do it.. seeing how i did the test doors i dont belive it will be too bad..the only thing tat worries me... is all the wet sanding.. i got the paint mixture down pretty well after doing 2 coats and 1 coat on another.. so im at the moral delema.. do i listen to the parents and let them win.. or.. do the paint job i think i can do and show them wrong.. .. decisions decisions.. do you guys think im capable of doing it?? it is my car.. and i was told i can do as i want.. but they stressed they dindt want me too

also, after 10 hrs i didnt run into the scraping problems exit did.. mine was pretty much solid and i was using non oderless mineral spirits.. i could scratch it if i pressed hard.. but i couldnt peel it off.. but i could always do tat to the regular fiero body so not much differnce..

Last edited by ibshile; 06/20/06 11:44 PM.