Jax,
RE: Stripes - I was using the Rustoleum multi-coat method, so I did end up waiting until it was cured before removing the tape. If I remember right, I pulled the tape 24 hrs. after the final coat. Was it perfect? No, but not for the reasons you would think. 1-the base coat was not perfectly smooth (had some orange peel), and 2- I used ordinary blue painters tape. I was pleasantly surprised at how well it came off, and just how smooth the line actually was.

The areas that required touch up ended up being where the stripe coat bled under the tape from it not being adhered evenly enough from the orange peel. Had I to do it over again, I would try to find a better tape.

The other thing I did was to wetsand down along the edge where the tape and strip met before peeling the tape off. I can give you no scientific or substanative reason for doing so other than it seemed to make sense at the time. I figured by sanding down the edge seam, it might reduce the chances of the tape wanting to peel up the strip coat. I can't tell you if it made a difference or not, but I was overall satisfied with the results.

Again, I think if I were to do it again, I would make sure the base coat was VERY smooth where I applied the tape, and I would use a tape that gave more uniform adhesion (non-crinkled tape, maybe even a pinstripe like vinyl tape). I would probably take the time to wetsand again as I explained, it didn't appear to hurt anything and may have helped.

Hope this helps, I'm looking forward to seeing your results., BTW, everyone loves the racing stripes on the Beer Fridge! LOL And just to wet your appetite a little more, I found the beer fridge of my dreams - take a look!

http://www.beermachines.com/