Nova--your car looks awesome, I love that color.

I think I have decided to thin the Brightside, probably just go with the percentages that Marq suggested in his procedure on p.26. I think I will use paint thinner for cutting it. Reason being, I did some research on various substances (mineral spirits, paint thinner, MEK, Fire Red Brightside, and their 333 Brushing Liquid), primarily focusing on their MSDS to see what chemical constituents they have. I learned that paint thinner and mineral spirits are virtually the same thing, mainly Stoddard Solvent. Interestingly, the paint has no MEK (I was originally going to use that) in it, nor does the Brushing Liquid, which is only kerosene and solvent naptha. The paint does have Stoddard Solvent in it, up to 25%. So, I will probably just use paint thinner, which I have on hand. Seems that the purpose of adding the solvent is to lower the overall volatility of the paint mixture, giving you more time to work it. If I am going to wait a full day between coats, I figure the thinner should work just fine.

If anyone has experience or knowledge that would contrast with what I am planning, please, chime in.