Quote:

I stumbled across this thread from fordification.com last week and have read it all. I am totally amazed at your results. But I do have a couple of questions. I understand how to thin and apply the paint. My question is which paint to use. Some used "stops Rust" rustoleum, others used the "Professional" series of rustoleum, some even had rustoleum tinted to a color of their choice others used Brightside and I am sure I missed some others.

I saw that exit1965 had problems with the standard rustoleum hardning up. Did others have the same problem? I am ready to go get the paint but I dont know if the standard rustoleum is as good as the professional or not. I know that there are different colors availiable in the standard rustoleum.

I would appreciate it if ya'll would chime in on the type of paint you found to be better. Thanks a million guys. I am finishing up the bodywork today and will begin my $50 paint job as soon as as I figure out what type of paint to buy.

Rob

im using the stop rust rustoleum quart size and i have no problems with hardening whatsoever. not to mention my "thin coats" are probably thicker then pple who roll ( just from looking at these pictures). best thing is thin application and let it bake in the sun. my car sits outside where i paint it and the car cures faster then my side mirrors..which is in the garage. good luck with your project!