Quote:

I think a saw it somewhere, but can't find it now. Can you recomend an order of painting? I'm guessing

1) Door Jams, Inside of Trunk and Hood (Rattle Cans)

But after that I'm unsure....any suggestions?

Also, for a car with good, but old paint...you suggest scuffing with 320 prior to painting or another finer grit?

Thanks for the help

I asked the same question in the original thread (in the archive now). 69charger gave the order he painted his car, I think it started with the hood and decklid. I tried that the first time, and now I just kind of go in a strange order that I've been using on the, 12+ coats I've done since then:

roof then along the top of both 1/4 panels, then driver's 1/4 panel, then psgr 1/4 panel, then psgr door, then cowl, then hood, then psgr fender, then driver's fender, then driver's door, then the rear window area and deck lid.

Not sure why but that's just the way I've done it.

With all the wetsanding and coats you're going to put on it, 320 will work fine, you could probably do fine with 240 but 320 will be nicer.

As far as painting the door jambs/around the trunk and hood openings etc., you might opt to do that all at once instead of doing it while you're rollering. personally im focusing on teh body first then i'll get to the door jambs after the hard part is done