Quote:

Would brightside also work well as a chassis and underbody paint?

I don't think that Brightside would be the best candidate for a chassis and underbody paint...

This would be especially true if we were talking about an 'everyday driver'. First off... it would be a pain to roll on and get 100% coverage of all the nooks and crannys. A spray would be much better for doing the underside of the car.

And as well, I can imagine road chips cutting into the paint, allowing moisture to reach the undercarriage metal, blistering the paint with rust from underneath.. and ultimately patched of paint being separated from their adhesion to the undercarriage.

A paint like Tremclad or Rustoleum - when applied in its original format - not thinned - would probably do a better long term job at adhering and withstanding any incursions in the paint by road chips etc. It may lose its initial shine over time... but the anti-rust and adhesion qualities would hang tuff to protect the undercarriage metal.

IF... you were preparing a 'trailer queen' that would not expose the undercarriage to a daily bombardment of road chipping rocks and crud - then I would say that Brightside would be able to do the job and give you an amazingly shiny under-carriagge...

Quote:

The car has aluminium body panels will that be a problem with brightside?

There should be no problems... as long as the aluminum is prepped to allow good adhesion by the Brightside. Now whether this means acid etching or a fine sanding of the aluminum surface is something you may have to test out for yourself to find which one is better and easier to achieve..