I started on a test piece last night, I found a body part for an old riding mower out in our scrap pile here at work. I sanded it with 100 then 220 then 320, wiped it down with a wet chamois and then mineral spirits, I mixed up some paint at about 40% mineral spirits and started rolling. I now think a test peice is a must before starting on your car because I had a gazillion little bubbles. But, like our wise leaders have said, a small puff on them and they all popped. I waited a few minutes and went over it again with no pressure on the roller as indicated in "the method" and it came out fairly smooth but looked awefully peely. I decided to leave it(it was 11:00pm) When I checked on it this morning I was amazed to see how much it levels out , except for some very light runs in one of the vertical sides it is actually very smooth. I posted a few pics of the prepped peice and the first coat wet over at flicker. I'll add more as I progress.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90567084@N00/sets/72157600179335943/

rt13 and Talosian: I know it sure seems like a lot of work to read this whole 2 part thread, but I have found that the repititious info drilled the process into my head and except for actual hands on experience I felt very confident last night that I knew what I was doing. I had a very minor "what the &%$# am I doing moment" and that was it. I had the answers to all the problems I encountered because of this thread and all the guys who have gone before us(Thanks again to all of you). I highly recommend taking the time to read it through completely.