Quote:

I'll try that for the next round. Of course, my truck's a working-class sort of guy, and anything that shows off the dings and imperfections may be counter-productive.
But that's a great finish you've worked up. If I can't find a flagged brush, would foam work tolerably? Or should I go with a high-end brush?

Thanks Rev. Yeah, I'd leave the dings and imperfections on a working truck. It's what gives it "character."
When applying base coats I just used the regular foam brushes. The ones at Dixieline have a plastic back bone that goes almost to the tip. It gave me the most control. I'd only use the flagged brush if you're going for a final, polished finish. The disadvantage of the flagged brush is that ya gotta clean it later. The beauty of Charger's method is that once you've done a few coatings, you can throw away your equipment.

Your primered truck inspired me. I see so many like them. There's no reason they should go on with only primer. Over a weekend, one could give those vehicles a decent covering ... character dings and brush marks included, and it would still look better than it did before. (There's a profit making idea for you guys.)