Quote:

Thanks, always a consideration..i havent decided quite yet. paint would also be better as far as protecting things, correct?

for sure, i would never use the primer, for this method and paint, it's just adding work, and layers, the beauty of this paint is that it is so tough, the thicker the layers the worst mechanical adhesion there will be, that's why we want THIN layers, all said and done this method if done properlly yeilds a super thin layer(s) of paint totalling probabally 1/4 the thickness of a traditional single stage acrylic enamel auto paint job, that's why it lasts, and after the 3-4 month mark becomes bullit proof, when you add primer to the layers, it becomes much thicker, and the paint will not stick as well to the primer as it would to just the un-primered surface. the only real reason you use primer to paint the rustoleum/tremclad is on galvinized metal, ect....where the paint won't adhere to the surface, in that case, and that case only i WOULD use primer. otherwise, your actually going to have worse adhesion using primer, and thicker layers that won't resist stone chips as well, there is NO advantage to using primer on a car with THIS paint, only dis-advantages.