Quote:

Also, just to clarify, it sounds like you did the rear quarters and the roof all at the same time using the longer work time of the low-oder spirits. So you didn't have to worry about blending a previously completed quarter panel with a newly rolled c-piller section from the roof - Is that correct?

At this point - I think that you are only person on the thread that has rolled on a flat, IIRC. (There might have been one guy way back in the original thread, but that was a long time ago.)

Correct, the longer work time made blending no problem. I tried to stop at the natural line created by the edge of the top of the fender too, so that the roller blend would be on that line.

I agree that satin would be a fine base coat for black, so I say spend the 8 bucks for the Satin Rusololem, do a coat, and if you don't like it, just go on with the Gloss plans the rest of the thread laid out. Or do a test panel.

One thing I did learn, I did a touch up with a paint brush, it turned out Flatter than the rolled sections, so I rolled over it to get the same level of sheen. Also Rustoleum sells Semi-Gloss black spray cans, but I haven't seen Satin spray cans, so if you want to do some nook or cranny or something, you'll have to pick (probably go with the Flat).

heres a few more pics