Quote:

I have a lot of brush marks still visible. the paint is not smooth at all. i also have a lot of scratches that you can see if you look closely at the paint.

You should have been able to feel the ripple while you were wetsanding. That should have been the tip-off that you need to use a sanding block, especially on a large and relatively flat surface like that.

You can smooth that out with a sanding block and I'd probably start with 600 wet to knock the peaks off, then switch to 800 wet to bring the peaks down even with the valleys. Then I'd go back over with 1000 or higher just to remove the 800 grit scratches, and at this point you may get away without the sanding block, or switch to a softer block.

A note about sanding blocks. The hard black rubber ones are usually too hard for anything but bondo. The red ones are more universal, but look for one that is flat on the bottom. Most of them seem to have lumps or are concave or convex or have some other strangeness that makes them junk. I've had to dig through cases of them to find a good one before.

A source for 1000/1500/2000 grit sandpaper is WalMart, strangely enough. You'll find it near the bondo.