I'm painting white on top of white, so I probably won't even paint the underside of the hood ... there is no rust or anything there, so it should be fine.

If you are changing colors, people have been using spray can, touch-up gun with air compressor, or a paint brush.

If you are using Rustoleum standard colors, you can get a matching spray can. If you are using Brightside, you can thin the paint, then take it to any auto paint supply store, and they will put it in a pressurized rattle can for you. That is also a good option if you want to mix up some Rustoleum colors.

If you have an air compressor, you can get a little touch-up gun for as low as $10.00.

And finally, people have reported good results using a brush to get into the nooks and crannies. Some use a foam brush, but I think a good chinese-bristle brush yeilds better results.

Quote:

SO, I am still a little uncertain about what to do with the underneath side of the hood. What's everyone doing to paint the underneath side of the hood? Does rustoleum or brightside hold up well to the heat of the engine? Should I just use the high heat black engine paint or can the rustoleum or brightside handle the heat of the engine compartment?