Quote:

when you want that "glistening" look then you spraying a little too much...and doing that it wont dry underneath. but i do have some "glistening" few spots on my paint (couldnt help it)hope it drys well.

69charger, want to sell me your tremclad clear coat? also are you sure that tremcldad clear coat or any oil based clear coat sandable? how does it stand agaist the heat from the engine bay? what ever happen to the pple that used clear coats? nobody trie dth automotive clear either?

i did play with the clear coat, but found that it shined just about the same as just straight buffed paint....BUT.....the guy from tremclad that sent me a case for free told me that you must thin the clear coat with laquir thinner and NOT mineral spirits or you kill the shine. so knowing this now the next time i paint a car using this method i'll defineatly try the clear coat out so NO you can't have it....nana

you can sand any clear coat, some are eaiser then others, but for now i'm happy with my paint and i continue to drive my cars until they need a repaint. i did test a small peice using the clear and laquir thinner and it shines like a BC/CC job, but i just did a really small test peice and it really looked awesome. definatly will give it a try. The tremclad guy said the clear coat stuff reflects 90% at 60*deg of light, so it is highly reflective, but you must use laquir thinner not mineral spirits.

By the way, i found another use for mineral spirits, i cleaned my tires with it, and man, they look like brand new. on my 74 beetle, i used to dress the tires with all that tire shine stuff, for the "wet" look" and over the winter it left this residue that would'nt come off, like a brown crud that almost looked like sticker residue. the mineral spirits really makes your tires look like new, not the shiny look, but like brand new rubber, try it, you'll be amazed, mineral spirits has so many uses i'm just discovering, it also safely removes paint over-spray from lenses, rubber, ect....i cleaned my carb with it, and it shines like new.