Quote:

The Black looks great!Questions... What paint did you use? Rustoleum, or what. What did you sand it with... grits etc... what style pad & maybe part number did you use with the Meguiars 83,80 & 21? Just curious & Thanks!

First of all Thanks!

I used Rustoleum Professional Gloss Black (1 gallon for about $25) and Odorless Mineral Spirits. I mixed it about 15-20%. The Meguiar's product I used a G100 (Porter Cable 7424) to put on the product as follows:

#83 with a W8006 Pad - work it in a 2x2 area for about 3-4 passes, then wipe off wet.

#80 with a W8006 Pad - work it in a 2x2 area for about 3-4 passes, then wipe off wet.

#21 with a W7006 Pad - spread it in a 2x2 area for about 1-2 passes, let dry, then I used a W9006 pad with a microfiber bonnet to take off the dryed product.

This made the polishing MUCH easier and this tool does a great job.

For alot of info on use of this tool and Meguiar's product check out meguiars.com forum area. Of course other similar products are out there and do a great job. I know that Aussie Driver mentioned the Poorboys product line and there are others (Sonus, Mothers, Klasse etc.). I have only used the Meguiar's and have had such great results I am hooked. Hope this helps. By the way a great place to get Meguiars product is autodetailingsolutions.com.

Mike