Quote:

Was the second roller used dry? If it was, when it got loaded up with paint did you clean it? In other words you used a second roller instead of the brushing it after rolling.

The second roller does not get dipped in the paint. So it begins clean and picks paint as it gets rolled over the painted area. The second roller doesn't get as saturated with paint as the 'painting' roller because you are only gently rolling over the freshly painted area.. And the build up of paint on the secondary roller keeps the roller moist but not so overloaded that it leaves paint edge marks.
Because I was doing a car with a relatively small surface space... I was able to apply the paint in one hour. So I only needed one secondary roller.

If I was working on a larger vehicle... I would probably use one secondary roller for just the roof, hood and trunk... and then a fresh secondary roller to do all the side panels. This would help you avoid any problems with too much paint being built up on your secondary roller.

Last edited by Marq; 07/25/06 11:31 AM.