4 months later I'm still glad I did it. I agree it does look better on an old car (I did my 64 Comet). Like everyone's been saying, it's a matter of personal taste and budget. I didn't get into auto-restoration to drop my car off at a different shop every month, I got into it because I want to learn to do things myself,and I never thought I'd even try a paint job on my own before this 69 charger thing happened.

My 2 cents would be no matter how excited you may get, take your time. The imperfections I have are because I was impatient. Let the coats dry, and don't cheat on the wetsanding.

Also, my white top hasn't faded or yellowed at all, outside all summer in Fla rain and sun. And I've never been able to scratch any paint at any time off with a fingernail. (sorry about photo quality, latest photo I have was showing someone the bumper).

As a weird side note, I live in a very old apartment with a kitchen sink about 75 years old made of pourous material (don't know what kind) that I painted white with this same method. It looks great, cleans back to post-paint gloss white with no stains, and I've tried to scratch it off with a knife but can't.

Did my steering wheel too, paint doesn't rub off, haven't even had to clean it yet.

I'd try to paint my cat royal blue with this stuff if he'd sit still long enough!