Quote:

Has anyone (Marq?) wetsanded then polished the brightside yet?

Nope... the paint job was finished on the 22nd of August and I have been happily putting some mileage on the car... whhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeee !

I was planning to hold off on the polishhing and waxing stage for at least 30 or more days ( as per the recommendations of the polyurhane shiners.

Quote:

I have not yet begun the final wetsand/polish on my car, but I know the paint still scratches (yep, with my fingernail) - not that it scratches all the way off, but it leaves a scratch.

The longer you can hold off on the polishing and final waxing of the polyurathane the better. But I have noticed in the furniture message boards where they have gone from painting or coating with polyurathane in as short as 72 hours - and gotten mirror smooth finishes.

But the furniture guys are usually working with a much smaller surace area. And I believe they are putting less coats on tha we are.

Quote:

Funny thing I've noticed is that when I've used rustoleum in spray cans, and even when I mixed some spray together in my refillable spray can, the paint has dried VERY hard in a matter of days or a week. I can't leave indentations in it with my fingernails like I can with the rolled on stuff.

The carrier in the spray paint is much more evaporative then the carrier in the paints which we use. So that and the thickness of the layers we 'roll on' go a long way towards the longer curing time needed as compared to the spray bombs.