Quote:

If you are concerned with perfect straightness, you might also investigate whether you'd be happy with the end result of the paint. It's not a show quality shine. So it would be worth doing some test panel first to see if it's worth all the prep it sounds like you want to do, then put a paint job over it that you might not like.

I want to see if this Brightside can produce as good a finish as the pictures show, so maybe I can paint my '71 Cutlass and leave it for a while until I can afford the $1500 to lay down some good BC/CC. Unfortunately my test car is an old, beat-up station wagon with lots of dents and rust spots. I will want to lay down this Flag Blue off ebay, which I understand is so dark it's almost black, and if the paint isn't going to look decent w/o waves, I might as well slather on some Rustoleum. But the ebay paint is a little more expensive.

I want to avoid Rustoleum right now because of the stories I hear about it not being compatible with automotive finishes (Tremclad may be an exception to this, but it's definitely a different formula); then again, Brightside might be just as bad! I don't want to make myself a huge amount of work when I go to shoot real, expensive auto paint over whatever cheap stuff I paint the '71 just to get it one color this year.

PS - One more question Marq - how would you rate the Brightside shine in comparison to the Tremclad, and to a new car's?

Last edited by oldsguy; 08/20/06 11:17 PM.