The paint will self level in that it will take the shape of the surface underneath it-- it will not cover up any boo-boos so take the time to smooth things out now.

I dont recall too many people having adhesion problems recently. I had some a long time ago, but that was just carelessness on my part because I didn't clean the surface much if at all.

If you're looking for a high gloss shine, don't forget about the marine polyurethanes. Though recently, I've seen some people post some polished up Rustoleum and I have to say it looks great.

Aussie driver has done both marine paint and rustoleum and says the marine paint polishes up better. Pics of both his results look very good.

There could be long-term differences with how well those paints hold a shine - hopefully people will soon be able to report on how paint is holding up after 6 mo, 12 mo and beyond.

I'm still working on getting my car on the road. I cant wait to see how it looks out there, and will probably tape it up and do another wetsand and 2 more coats once I get it drivable and where I can park it in the sun for awhile.

The engine and trans should be installed next weekend, then wiring + exhaust + fuel system.