Welcome back Chuck It is good to have someone cautioning others, however the technique is evolving and there are already people who have posted good success stories with pics to back them up. I would think that if something did go wrong after a few months or weeks, they wouldn't mind coming back and updating us, saving us all from this most horrendous practice of painting cars with rustoleum.

What you're describing is the yellowing that some oil based enamels get without exposure to sunlight. When I asked rustoleum about it, they said it was not a problem (as I read it was with Glidden paint). Though the Almond color paint I first started experimenting was brownish to begin with, I haven't noticed the test pieces of it being any more yellowed after sitting in the garage for more than 6 months. It's a light enough color that some yellowing might take place if the paint were prone to that.

As horribly as Rustoleum messed up your car, do you have any pics of it to share? Or pics of these yellowing door jambs?

Also, you keep saying that you can't put regular car paint over rustoleum, but 69charger has said that he has first hand experience painting over it (OK, Tremclad) with no problems. Is your experience first hand or hearsay?

Last edited by Exit1965; 08/28/06 11:49 PM.