Quote:

I went uot to the car yesterday and decided to clean the tree poop off I got out the pressure washer and peeled the new Royal Blue right off the hood!!

Hehhehehhe.... I feel your pain. I took the McLaren over to the foodstore to pick up some groceries. When I came out the car had slobbers of seagull poop dripping all over the hood and the driver side front fender and door. My first thought was that some great fat S.O.B. had horked some monstrous louies on the car. But after a quick look at the paint and the flying rats that were sitting on the parking lot lamps, I knew it was seagulls..

Fortunately none of the poop landed in the car, because I had the top down. Those friggin flying rats with feathers could have picked 500 cars in that parking lot that day... but instead they somehow zero'd in on my car.

When I saw that poop I got a bit concerned about what damage that nasty white guck was going to do to my paint job.

I drove home, unloaded the groceries and went back out to the car with just the garden hose. I was beyond amazement that all the poop washed of with just the lame pressure of the hose - no scrubbing or rubbing. And best of all no chemical damage to the paint from the white gooey stuff that had been on there.

I really don't know if I would have had the guts to put a high pressure hose on my paint, even at this point in its curing. Deep down I believe that it can probably withstand the pressure coming out of the nozzle... but I also known deep down that water at high pressure can cut rocks, clear brake debris that is embedded in rims, etc. So that would scare me from going the high pressure route or even through a brush type car wash. Heck I don't even know what one of those brushless car washes might do.

So for now I am just treating this paintjob like it is a Ferrari factory paint job and handling it with kid gloves at all times.

Then again I would probably have been so cautious if i had just dropped $3500 to the paint shop...

Last edited by Marq; 09/18/06 08:17 PM.