Quote:

I was planning on getting it anyway to paint the house, but if you guys think it would work with Rustoleum for a car, then it would make my decision to buy it easier by knowing that I could use it for the car as well.

The only thing that I have seen on the topic of sprayers that relates to the topic of car painting with Rustoleum/Tremclad or Brightside is that it needs to be 'HVLP' - high volume low pressure.

I believe that the unit you are looking at would probably work with the paint thinned down to the appropriate level for spraying.

But as noted by one of the other spray testers here, I would keep a supply of handy rollers at your side throughout the spraying to level out all the runs that may ( probably will ) occur.

The key thing to keep in mind when considering spraying is the 'overspray' - where 30% of your paint/thinner mix gets blown into the air and lands just about everywhere except on the car body.

Once the paint is airborne it will mist your entire garage interior with a colorful glow that oddly matches the color you chose for your car body. Lawnmowers, garbage cans, the cats litter, your tool boxes... spare tires, etc all take on this mystic glow.

If you choose to spray 'outside' then expect the overspray to magically appear on anything within airborne radius of your spraying zone... squirrels, cats, grass, the driveway, the neighbors car, etc.

If you are already buying the unit anyhow... then I would say GO AHEAD and experiment with it. You just might get lucky and dial in on a knock out of a paint job. But definitely keep a roller handy to catch those runs or paint splotches that are almost certain to happen.

However, just remember the Charger explanation for the 'roller' paint job.... it was to minimize paint overspray and mess to the minimum.

To paraphrase the old military saying of ' If you got them... smoke them... "... I would say " If you have a sprayer at your disposal... give it a shot'. It can't do anything that a little sandpaper can't remove.