Looking good. You have an amazing shine going there. I really need to work on my technique. I'm getting orange peel really bad. Take a look at my pictures from my 5th coat:

5th coat Orange Peel

I'm confused on where the solutions lies for this. I'm using the same exact roller pan as you are shown above and when I fill up the roller, i move it to the bumpy section and roll with a lot of pressure and watch the paint seap out. I think put the paint over the edge into the flatter part and do this a few times. So I know my layers are thin. Also, I have no bubbles to speak of so I think that my mixtures it pretty good. I mixed it up initially for the first coat then add a little mineral spirits for each coat. Any suggestions would be great cause I'm getting a little iffy about starting on the car since I'm having this trouble now.

Also, look at my wetsanding shot, I'm really only focusing on the initially bare metal sections since the other painted areas were poorly prepped. When I wetsand, I work the area then wash it off, wipe with a cloth then let it draw and see out the color is. If the color is a solid hazy green then I continue. If there are dark and light spots, I continue. Is this a good practice? Hope you all can help me because I'm excited about this paint and would love to see it working smoothly for me.

Last edited by FarFire70; 07/09/06 03:25 PM.