Quote:

Im going to use this paint you speak of. im going to get 4 quarts of Steel Gray and paint my car. I was thinkin of maybe getting:
3 quarts of steel gray
1 quart of black

and mixing all 4 cans for a gunmetel colorish paint. what do you think?

One of the grays by Brightside is a lovely color that looks something like Ford Mustang's 'Mineral Gray' ( without the metalflake of course ).

Next to the Fire Red... that darkest color of gray would have been my next choice in colors. It is dark enough to stealth the lines of a car and give it a myseriously deceptive look... while at the same time not being so dark that it shows any imperections in the bodywork etc.

Oh... ONE IMPORTANT thing that I only caught on to tonight regarding the painting of cars or boats with the 'roller and brush method'.

As you know... you apply the Brightside straight out of the can using the high density foam 4" roller... in thin coats.

As you complete a small section you are then suppose to float your 3" or 4" foam brush over the surface and that magically pops any surviving bubbles.

What I ONLY LEARNED TONIGHT was that if you are rolling from north to south.. then you brush wipe from east to west. If you are rolling from side to side.... then you brush wipe from up and down.

I had been following the path of the roller. If I rolled from the left side of a door to the right side of a door... I was mistakenly brush wiping by going from the left side to the right side.

So to anyone who is planning to use the Brightside paint method... just note that you roll your paint in one direction... and then brush it by going across the rollings - not with the rollings.

Hope this info helps. I am planning to use this new found knowledge on my third coat of Brightside.