Quote:

Seriously man, just read all 101 pages. It will be worth it because you'll have something valuable to read every day and will share int he hardships and mistakes every person who has posted on this thread has had. It's like a novel, seriously.

But you'll learn alot more by reading every page rather than just a brief summary and from getting everyones different opinions you can pretty much form your own choice on what you want to do and how you want to do it, because there are different ways. And it's been summarized many times in many different peoples posts...so just start reading!

There was a pretty good summary about 8 pages in based on Chargers original instructions. Then Aussiedriver came up with all that stuff on polishing to a show car finish. Then there was stuff on Brightside, sanding ,body work, other paints, paint color matching, clear coating, and on and on. I even tried my hand at putting together my own summary for my own use, but stuff just keeps getting added because I keep running into new stuff. If I ever finish my summary it will be a pharking eBook posted here in PDF format. I feel your pain though. I have read the entire thing more than once, and each time I usually find that someone answered my question long ago. Oh yeah, then people started posting their results, and I love looking at what everyone has done with this.

I think Charger gave some of the best advice (as usual) early on when he said to just practice on a hood or door or old piece you might have. I can't remember that exact quote about nothing sharpening the senses like a hanging at dawn, but its the same here. Once you start laying down paint, your searching becomes more focused.

Last edited by smyrna5; 01/26/07 09:59 AM.