Quote:

Great topic!

Marq, charger, exit, What do you think of Epifanes? 30$ half gallon

Check this test:(Compares Interlux with Epifanes)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=wGCgZfuPb1A

Drys slow but doesn't scratch.

thanks

I think that was an excellent video to hunt down. In a way, doing a 'board' is like doing a micro-version of a car.

I think the results they came up with were pretty indecisive. There wasn't a clear outright winner. Each product and a plus and a minus.

Overall, I think the most negative thing might have been the fact that Epiphanes was the slowest at curing - followed by Petit. The Interlux Brightside had the fastest curing time - and for most of our impatient painters, that is probably the biggest selling point that gives it a strong advantage over the other two candidates.

Epiphanes won the scratch test... with Petit in second and Brightside in last place. I was surprised at two things... that Petit didn't win that contest and that Brightside wasn't #2.

But everyone who is considering painting their car can get a quick snipet on just how easy the roller painting is... and how it is commonly used in marine applications other than boats.

Some folks will learn more in the few minutes it takes to watch that video than if they read messages for the same amount of time.

Overall... I am still satisfied with the Brightside paint job. TODAY I drove my car out of the garage ( for the first time since it was put into winter hibernation ). Other than garage dust and some odd things that a mouse may have left on the hood, the car is looking GREAT.

I took it out to get a fresh tank of gas and I was pleasantly flattered by the envious looks being given to the car.