Quote:

Quote:

i'm all over it dude!!! roller for the win!!!

speaking of the roller method, a question for everyone I suppose. How did you roll the paint on? What process as far as the roller is concerned.

Did you roll in just one direction? Did you back and forth like you're painting a wall, did you roll fast, slow, heavy, light? I'm just curious if my technique is in line with others

that's a hard one to answer, and it's all based on technique. it's like asking a diamond cutter how to split diamonds!!!! it's hard to describe it but i'll try: lets take for example the hood, i'd start in 1 corner, load up the paint on the roller not dripping but close, and then just spread quickly, going over lets say half of the hood to just glob paint all over, then pressing slightly hard, and working fast, i'd start to roller the paint on the hood, actually working quite fast at first, then once the whole area is covered evenly, i use light pressure and work the paint further to distribute it as good as possible, not surpassing the working window of the paint which is about 5mins, once it's even i use really really light pressure (weight of the roller with no paint in it) and just go over the paint to pop the bubbles if there are any. it's a really tricky thing to describe, the mineral spirits does 2 things, thins the paint to promote the "self leveling" process, and actually increases "pot life" or effectively increases the work time of the paint, but it's a double edged sword, straight paint dries faster, but is thicker in layers, but thinned paint dries slower but is thinner layers, follow me? anyways hope that description helps, changing directions is'nt necessary.