I learned a few things about bright side last night that I'd like to share.

When I first rolled brightside, I wasn't quite sure what I was doing and just winged it. THe result was a coat that was way too heavy and had wavy lines and rolled marks everywhere and had to sand most of it off.

The second attempt I was afraid of going too thick and rolled everything way too thin and it looked like the hood on the red intgra on the last page. I did the whole car like that for 4 coats or so. When I went to wetsand, I easily burned through all the layers. It was a big disappointment.

My third attempt was last night and it came out amazing. Here's the procedure I came up with. I did not use a foam brush as I found it only made matters worse, leaving behind brush strokes. I started off with a medium level coat, concentrating on getting even coverage with no runs and ignoring any bubbles (as there were tons at this point). I didn't apply much pressure on the roller at all, maybe a light pressure, but definitely more than none at all.

Then I would put the same medium coat on the next panel. When that was done, I went back to the first panel and with no pressure on the roller, went back over the bubbles. If more bubbles appeared, then that section isn't ready for the second roll over (hasn't dried enough yet) or that particular area was thicker or applied after the rest of the panel was. If more show up, wait a few more minutes, then try again. Keep working it until all the bubbles disappear with the roller, they eventually will as the stuff evaporates. Make sure you get all the runs and roller marks out (in case you pressed too hard on the roller).

For the first time in this whole experiment, I can see my reflection almost perfectly in every panel I painted last night. There is noticeable orange peal, but at this stage, it's a 5 footer paint job. Not bad at all for a roller job.

Needless to say, I was starting to get worried that I wasted all this time and money on this project. Things are finally turning around after dealing with runs, adheshion problems, sanding scratches, dust and hair.

Dumping a gallon or two of water on the floor the day before painting helped the dust considerably. Good luck to everyone else and keep at it! You'll get the method down eventually. Hopefully this post will make newbies like me understand the concept and methods a bit easier.