heh sorry I forgot to mention I used rustoleum. Im not blessed with tremclad over here in the US of A.

Acetone does cut down on workability time to a degree, and the vapors are going to be there, however I would say far more tolerable than using rattlecans for anything. I would say it made more of a difference in the curing than it did in the drying time. Maybe you should try picking up a small can of it and rolling a piece of junk sheetmetal. To increase pot life for leveling perhaps do half acetone half mineral spirits? or add a leveler to it? (of course experimenting on something you dont care about first to test reactivity)

I have read that thread, and even read the can... they tell you to cut with acetone right on the label, im gonna have to say the manufacturer knows best on this one because there would be alot of unhappy people otherwhise im sure. I thinned mine a good amount, I didnt really measure but I checked consistancy... I would say 20% wouldnt be an unreasonable guess.

I have introduced automotive fish eye remover to the mix successfully. Im unsure if that sealer over the bondo reacted or if it was water so that may be something for more testing before anyone uses it. I also shot over it the same night.

I sprayed my roof in a small enclosed area, and it wasnt ventilated at the time. Granted I just did my roof, but I could walk in and around the room without any type of breather on and I was far from choking. If I did that with rattlecans id be dying to get out. I would say its about 50% as unpleasant as the equivalent in rattlecans.