Quote:

Exit, how do you think the rattle can primer will hold up? I understand bondo is very porous and requires primer, but I've heard quite a few adhesion problems w/ the rattle type primer. I wonder if the industrial type is different?

I've had personal experience w/ it chipping, as well, but it was on a front bumper. Whereas I believe yours is on a less stressful area.

Before I started my first coat of rustoleum, I had rattle can primer here and there. I don't know how this industrial rattlecan stuff is different except it says "high solids" and, for what it's worth, a guy who does bodywork for a living gave it to me after helping me fix a dent that he then primered with it. Though I don't know for sure, I don't think he would have used it if it would have to be removed to paint the car.

The issues people have with rattlecan primers are probably from using two part catalyzed paint which can be rough on the undercoating. The rustoleum seemed to work fine over rattlecan primer, in fact I think I used cheap gray plastikote primer in places as well, and there's no problems so far. I wouldn't worry about the primer adhesion as long as it has some dry time, and you're using a non catalyzed paint like rustoleum or brightside.

Here's a pic of my compressor, on loan from my dad. It was about $430 maybe 8 years ago at Home Depot, and it's still working great.