Lets see how well the noob has studied...

Quote:

I havent read all the post because its so long but i am wondering if rustoleum is still the top pick in paint for this method.

Rustoleum has to be thinned for rolling with mineral spirits and takes at least 6 coats. The finish is best topped off by buffing with a real buffer and progressive buffing compounds to receive the best finish. The advantage is the ability to paint right on bare metal.

Brightside, a yacht paint, is pre-thinned and has been rolled straight out of the can, but has been thinned further with a proprietary thinner from interlux or regular mineral spirits. Brightside goes on glossier and has covered in less coats, but still can be polished up like the Rustoleum. The advantage is a shinier finish before polish, and the ability to cover with less coats.

Quote:

Also witch mineral stuff odorless or regular.

Regular.

Quote:

What is the best wetsanding technique. Charger said 600-600-1500 i think and ive read of others also.

I think that depends on: how thick you lay the paint down, how smooth the finish is, how long you want to sand and how often you want to re-paint where you sanded off what you just painted.

Seriously, as was mentioned above, if you are unfamiliar with the cutting power of the various grits, maybe starting with 1000 and evaluating is the best method. Go one step higher if you are removing too much, one step lower if you aren't removing enough. The point is to sand to remove imperfections in the ultrathin layer you just put on. So go lightly and use lots of water.

Quote:

How do you get in the door jambs, under decklid, drip rails, and around other odd places.

Foam brush, spraycan, hvlp gun have all been used.

Quote:

Thanks a lot.

You're welcome.

How'd I do guys?