I've got to be another person to say that Charger is doing great things for the car community with this. Nothing like painting your own car and being sure of the quality.
Well it's been a long four days of reading but I have successfully read from page 1 to now and I feel like I have an encyclopedia of information in my head. I have everything I to start on my test peice (the fender off a 47 Jeep) except for the mineral spirits. Because of all the debate I have seen, I am going to be using the regular mineral spirits but have only found it at sherwin-williams for 12.99 a gallon. I'm hoping to find it cheaper elsewhere. I know Kelly Moore has it but they don't have any store here in the East.

I have gotten nearly all my questions answered by reading this but still have a question about the sun. I know there was a discussion about letting the paint dry for a few hours then pull it out into the sun to harden. Is this a good idea or are most people keeping the car inside the entire job?

Also, is everyone agreed that we shoudl wait a few weeks to do the final polish? And if so, do you apply the 6th coat and wait then wetsand and polish weeks later or apply the 6th coat, wetsand and then polish weeks later.

So far these are the only details I have left before I start tomorrow night. I'm going to be trying the Hunter green and since no one has posted pictures of it completed, I'm kinda anxious to see how well it will look on my camaro. I'm iffy about it but the original color is turquoise and I don't want to go with too extreme of a change. Heck, at only $25 a gallon, I can redo it if I end up hating it.

Forgot one more question, what is the suggested polisher, 6" or 10". I just bought the 10" but am wondering if the 6" will give me more control. Charger, I thought I read that u used the 10". If so, how would you go about doing around the windshield and the tighter areas. I feel like the 10" will be easier to stand for hours holding onto only because of the handles on the sides and there is more weight to keep it under controls.

Last edited by FarFire70; 07/02/06 04:45 PM.