Can somebody answer a question really quick? I know the answer is in the older thread, but after going through pages and pages I couldn't find it -- and I have to go someplace right now and can't look through the rest of the pages.

Anyways...on my first test piece I did 2 coats in yellow and it looked awesome. No problems with bubbles. It really seemed like I had a lot of room for error with the amount of mineral spirits I could put in. But the dry Arizona air might have helped with all of this. Anyways, after 2 coats I wet sanded with 1500 grit until it it "felt" smooth to the touch. But obviously it looked flat.

So I did another 2 coats like I'm supposed to and just sanded it again with 1500. But it's flat looking again.

When I get to coat 6...I was planning on wetsanding with 2000 and then polishing with this electric orbital buffer I bought today. Is that the proper procedure? I know I probably should have sanded with 800 after the first coat...but too late for that now...if I do the 2000 and then the polishing compound is that the right procedure for me to get it to shine? I just want to double check before I go putting more paint and such on.

Thanks guys!