Quote:

Has anyone tried to do a strip or maybe flames over a roller job? Say red then roll on some silver flames?

I dunno... but flames are such an outrageous thing that you have to do it DEAD RIGHT or it gives people something to pick on....

If I was considering putting painted flames on to my car... I would probably get an airbrush artist to do the job right and make those flames look as professional as can be. It might cost a few bucks ( if hiring a pro ) or a case of beer and some food ( if hiring some buddy who is good at it ), but I think it would be a great investment AND you can afford that luxury with all the money you saved on the paint job

Other than that... I am sure you coulf probably use the roller method to get some nicely detailed flames on to the car. But I can't help but think that an airbrushed job would look more like it is part of the paint job rather than looking like something that was stuck on over the paint...

I noticed that you were referring to just a one color flame... in silver on a red body. But even there you might want to outline the silver flame with a white line or a gray to give it some 3d lift visually off the paint.

For my airbrush idea... it would probably be a three or four color paint job... starting with a base of blue and combining sections of purple, yellow and orange to set the flames off for that natural hot look

Maybe the cheaper answer to just doing a one color flame is to buy pre-manufactured flame decals, which would give you a clean and professional appearance. There are tons of decal manufacturers advertising on the internet that can create just about any look in automotive quality vinyl ( whether it be a one color decal or a multi-color version ).

Last edited by Marq; 09/19/06 07:31 PM.