Quote:

that's what I figured. I'm still trying to decide if i'm going to spray the jambs and nooks, or if i'll use a foam brush. deciions decisions lol

One nice thing if you are going to use the Rustoleum / Tremclad method... is that you can buy spray bombs of your specific color.

When I was originally doing my car with the Tremclad paint I bought six spray bombs of the Fire Red and before putting paint on the body I spray bombed the innner trunk lid, all the sills in the trunk, all the sills in the front fender area and all the nooks and cranny's around the door and door jamb.

My theory was that it was better to get all those 'pain in the a$$" spots out of the way early so that my future painting on the body would not be put at risk from oversprays or paint runs.

When I changed midstream to the Brightside paint, things worked our well because the color of red that I bought from Brightside was also Fire Red.

I can't imagine the time or frustration of trying to use a foam brush to paint those spots. If you take your time and spray in short controlled burst you can get a fairly level coat of paint in those hard to reach areas.

The only use for a foam brush might be to catch any runs in the paint if your get a little trigger happy with your sprarying... OR when the body is completely painted and you want to lay a consistent application of paint in all the rain gutters in the trunk.

I think for most average smucks with average talent ( myself included) that it works out better in the long run spray bombing those hard to reach places before starting in on the body panels.

Just my two cents worth on that topic

Last edited by Marq; 07/17/06 02:10 PM.