Well Guys I decided it wasn't very cool of me to be on here talking the talk but not having done anything to my car yet. So today I started on the body work. I got a few of the lighter dings filled and primed no problem but I worked on a couple of bigger dings and had a problem with oversanding, So I ended up with a partially filled dent. Can someone tell me the trick to knowing when its level and not over doing the sanding?
Also, for those who are interested I have finally decided that it is going to be painted Black. Marq, I gave a lot of thought to your Two-tone mockup but in the end I want to just use one color and use spray bombs for my jambs and under the hood. The beauty of this method is that I can always add the grey in the future if I get gung-ho again.
I also did and experiment reblacking one of my window trims that was peeling. I removed all the loose blacking with a razor blade and sanded it smooth with 80 grit then 320 and painted it with the Plasti-dip spray(rubberized coating) that someone mentioned here a few pages back. I've worked with this stuff before and the consistency of it is a lot like the backout film that was originally on those trims. Unfortunately, I am going to have to paint the car with these trims in place since they are installed under the windows and I'm not removing the windows to paint the car. Sorry for the long winded post, I have attached a pic with some of my Bondo work. If anyone wants to see that blacked out trim peice let me know and I'll put up a pic of that too.

I spoke to my boss who used to be a body man and he answered my sanding question, he said to load it up with primer and block sand it with 180 grit slowly and recoat with primer back and forth this way until I have a smooth finish. I'm gonna try this unless someone has a better idea.

3469202-DSC02789.JPG (465 downloads)
Last edited by Probe-ation; 04/30/07 12:25 PM.