Quote:

Never done any painting before so I am curious how the satin paint will hold up. This is not a trailer queen or a daily driver, but used mainly on weekends for work around the house.

So any opinions or real worl experiences?

My initial thought is that 'over time' the satin type finish would eventually go shiny in spots...

For example, if you hang your elbow out the window when driving... then the body part your arm comes in contact with would eventually go shiny.

When washing the satin finish.. eventually where you rubbed will go shinier than other areas...

I think of it as being something like a suede jacket... where they look great when you buy them... but eventually where the suede is rubbed will go shiny.

I have seen cars driving around with almost shiny 'primer' paint... and they explained to me that originally their primer had a somewhat satiny type look... but with time it lost that satin look and went shiny.

Another thought about the satiny look is that to achieve it, the paint would not have a glossy or closed surface. Therefor the surface was somewhat porous... and tended to had dirt adhere to the pores in the paint. When bugs splotted against the paint job it was harder to remove them etc.

I know with the Brightside paint, they do sell an 'additive' that will reduce the high gloss shine and give a satiny finish. In that case, I can see the polymer paint holding its satiny look for a longer time than say an enamel based paint.

Don't know... just thought I would toss in those rambling thoughts...