Quote:

Marq:

Also, I recall that you had spent some time perusing boat-painting forums to help form your opinion on which product was best to try for our application (that's how you settled on Brightsides, with AWLGrip coming in 2nd place overall if I recall). Any recollections about the reputation of Pettit Easypoxy or any other specific brands? Or anything to specifically stay away from?

Chris

The Pettit Easypoxy is a fantastic paint BUT... it has a more complicated surface preparation procedure than any of the other polyurathane paints. Most boaters would probably rank the Pettit as longer lasting and more durable ( since it is an epoxy ) But the surface preparation take it out of the hobbyist realm and a lot of them agreed that it was better to pay a pro to do the Pettit paint job on a boat rather than do-it-yourself.

Now on the topic of 'creating' a burgundy... you might want to play a game of midnight chemist with the Brightside Flag Blue and the Brightside Fire Red. Under 'normal' color blending situations, a Blue cut with a percentage of Red 'should' get you to a deep burgundy.

I played a little game on an online color blender and it looked like if you played with some sample blending of 10% up to 30% red against the blue, you 'should' land on a deep burgundy somewhere in that range.

If you fall back to one of my previous messages, where I spelled out how to set up a little paint palette and did some percentage combinations of colors to work out what the blending results would look like, you might get lucky.

The only proviso is that we know from experience that Fire Red combined with Black always got us a murky muddy or pottery brown color ( instead of the deeper and darker red that we would have anticipated ).

So there is no guarantee that the Fire Red combined with the Flag Blue will work out 'as it should in theory'. But it will give you something to test out. If it doesn't work... at least you will have satisfied yourself about going that route. If it does work... you should be able to land on the exact color of your dreams just by figuring out the right percentages for blending.

Marq.