Quote:

So if by applying higher ratios of thinned paint to get less peel. Might be a way to improve the roller method.

It definately is. I was doing this back when I used rustoleum. Got virtually no orange peel- but it took me 10+ coats for full coverage. With brightside, I still notice that more thinner = less orange peel.

So one option is to put on 3 medium-thick coats, sand out all the orange peel, then do a thin or medium thin coat to finalize. I hate sanding orange peel, so if i were going to do it all over again I'd probably do 5-6 medium thin coats and not have much sanding to do inbetween.

Regarding the honda guy's idea about applying a final coat - to me that doesnt make much sense because one of the points of wetsanding at that stage is to remove the dust and other particles that are in the paint. Rolling another coat would result in more dust and crap falling on the paint, so that would have to be wetsanded out too. Then there doesn't seem to be a point to sanding with 1500 or 2000 before applying that final thin coat- might as well use 800 and save yourself some time. I have painted over 800 grit sanding and not had any visible scratches.