Now as for the mysterious 'dust particles' that might be making their appearance on your freshly painted body... you might be surprised to find that they 'might' be coming off your clothing or your head.

It's surprising to see how many head hairs magically fall out and land on your freshly painted body. I guess the only solution for this is to wear a baseball cap or a food preparation 'net' on your head.

The other thought that struck me is dandruff... yuppper... some folks are constantly shedding dandruff while they are hoverin over their body laying down the paint.

And depending on how you 'snack' prior to going and painting your car.. there is also the possibility of 'food crap' that was clinging to your clothes and magically decides to fall off your clothing while you are working away on the body.

Unfortunately 'dust', flying bugs and other mysterious crap are bound to keep appearing in the area where you are working with paint.

There is probably some 'Murphy's Law' that says - " When you paint, magic dust and bugs will be drawn to the area that is freshly painted'

Now... one thing I would agree with you on is the potential for the 4 inch rollers to start self-destructing. I noticed this 'self-destruction most on the rounded end of the roller when I was working in tight areas. I guess the combination of mineral spirits and body edges leads to a premature failure of the integrity of the roller. That is one reason why I have used a brand new roller for EACH TIME I am about to lay down a new layer of paint.

Hope these rambling thoughts help out...