Quote:

Quote:

Hey Exit, would it be possible for you to put several coats on just those spots where you had to fix the dings, and then once its built up, feather it in with the rest of the paint to make everything smooth and even. OR would that cause those spots to be visible? Did I word that right, does that make sense?

roe

I know what you mean.. but to feather would require sanding I think (or maybe polishing with something abrasive) and I'm trying to avoid that since I haven't had luck getting the haze to go away after wetsanding. If I'm ever forced to sand after the final coat then I'll have to try some better polish or a different polisher but until then I'm going to try to avoid that.

Exit, I wasnt saying to feather in on the final coat. I was thinking of building up that spot, then feathering (sanding) it in to smooth that spot out and even it up with the surrounding panel. Then doing the additional coats to the whole car. That way you dont have to do 10 extra coats to the whole car. You could just do 10 coats to that spot, then 2-3 coats over the whole car, or however many coats you needed. I dont know much about bodywork/painting so I may be way off base here.

roe

1971 Plymouth Satellite
408/904 8 3/4 3.23 SG